/ Source : TODAY

Our editors independently selected these items because we think you will enjoy them and might like them at these prices. If you lot buy something through our links, we may earn a commission. Pricing and availability are accurate every bit of publish time. Larn more about Store TODAY.

If I could cull my future married man'due south career field, I would probably pick dermatology. I'k constantly trying to improve my skin care routine, particularly when it comes to finding the right face up wash. Unfortunately, in that location are equally many facial cleansers out there as there are freckles on my confront.

Fortunately, I can lean heavily on product reviews and read magazines to see what celebrities are using to keep their skin looking flawless. That'due south how I ended up deciding to endeavour the CeraVe Foaming Facial Cleanser — here'southward why I retrieve it'due south worth all the hype.

CeraVe Foaming Facial Cleanser

It has rave reviews

The CeraVe Foaming Facial Cleanser has an impressive four.six-star average rating from more than 1,000 verified Amazon reviews. At $fifteen for sixteen ounces, it's a fantastic value and is currently the third bestselling facial cleanser on Amazon. It'southward likewise worth noting that CeraVe has the No. 2 spot with its hydrating confront wash. For a brand I can't recall ever seeing in a TV commercial, it seems to exist selling quite well without paid celebrity spokespeople.

The make too often gets the dermatologist seal of blessing. In fact, in TODAY'southward guide of dermatologist-recommended drugstore face washes, the CeraVe Foaming Cleanser is preferred by Dr. Patricia Wexler, who works with famous faces similar Rita Ora and Donna Karan.

It'due south a dandy choice for sensitive pare

washing my face with CeraVe Foaming Face Wash
Katie Jackson

Since CeraVe looks and then much like other drugstore facial cleansers, I asked Texas-based dermatologist Dr. Adam Mamelak what makes CeraVe such a popular option. He told me it's a corking selection if you're looking for a gentle cleanser that'south specifically designed for sensitive peel.

Co-ordinate to Mamelak, the CeraVe Foaming Facial Cleanser has a few fundamental ingredients that make information technology stand out from the pack. The formula includes hyaluronic acid for actress hydration, ceramides to protect the peel's natural bulwark and nicotinamide to soothe and provide anti-redness and anti-inflammatory properties.

CeraVe foaming face wash in hand
Katie Jackson

Since I divide my time betwixt Montana and Arizona (both very dry places), and I struggle with breakouts, I loved that CeraVe has some additional moisturizing benefits. My merely complaints? It was definitely a flake also childproof when it came to releasing the pump for the first time. Too, it doesn't foam quite as much as I'd like. I was hoping for a bubble bath for my face, but these bubbling aren't the kind you tin build beards out of.

How well does it work?

CeraVe Foaming Face Wash
Katie Jackson

Outset, I'll never once again judge a product by its packaging. CeraVe isn't in a cute or sexy little bottle like my moisturizer of choice (the Beuti Slumber Elixir face oil reportedly used by the Duchess of Cambridge) — only what difference does that brand if it works? And it does work.

I take normal peel — this cleanser is designed for normal to oily skin — and it hasn't stale me out the way cleansers with salicylic acid do. It also hasn't made my pare greasy or chock-full my pores the way heavy cream cleansers do.

While I won't say it's fabricated my pimples disappear overnight, I volition say I've noticed fewer breakouts and feel more confident in my peel now that I'thou using information technology. In fact, my new conviction inspired me to postal service my get-go close-up, makeup-free selfie on Instagram last week. It felt incredibly liberating. Simply the biggest breakthrough was realizing I might not need to limit myself to marrying a dermatologist afterward all.

For more than stories like this, check out:

  • 7 of our favorite face washes that gainsay summer skin problems
  • 21 Bobbie Thomas-canonical beauty products for a flawless summertime glow
  • This $10 sunscreen is keeping my skin breakout-free and protected

To discover more deals, shopping tips and budget-friendly production recommendations, download the new TODAY app and subscribe to our Stuff We Love newsletter!